It was a tradition, in many parishes in days gone by, for the youngsters to walk around the parish boundary and to be "beaten" as they went so they'd never forget their home territory!
So there will be a "Beat The Bounds" factual treasure walk over the Spring Bank Holiday - Saturday 1st to Monday 3rd May.
• The walk follows, as closely as possible, the Portesham Parish Boundary and, although being 10 miles long, can be walked either in two sections, with the halfway point at Friar Wadden, or all in one go.
• There will be 10 signs at strategic locations informing you about the parish and there will be a prize draw with a bottle of wine as first prize for the first set of 10 correct answers relating to the signs drawn.
• In return for the map, directions and question sheet, please make a minimum donation of £1.00 per person, the proceeds of which will go to Dors to India, the Portesham based charity which supports children from the poorest families in South East India.
• To get hold of directions, a simple map and the sheet of 10 questions you can either take an envelope containing all three from the plastic box fixed to the fence at the front of 3 Winters Lane or email email@example.com for PDF versions.
• You can donate by leaving money in the plastic box or by BACS payment - details will be provided along with the PDF online version.
GET FIT & FULL OF PORTESHAM FACTS IN 2021!